What's your favorite strategy??

edited October 2007 in Antbuster Web Game
Hello everyone!

Any good tips for a long game?

Upgrades vs buying the next cannon?

Comments

• I recently got up to 90+ levels using the following strategy:

Place 2 Ice Cannons near the ant hill and 2 more Ice cannons near the cake. Place a Missile launcher near both pairs of Ice Cannons (in between but more towards the middle of the screen so you get more use of the full range.) I fully upgrade the missile launchers and add more missile launchers as money accumulates (up to 5.) I've been upgrading the Ice Cannons fully, but that money might be better spent elsewhere (maybe more Ice cannons placed throughout the screen to slow-down "running starts" at the ant hill. You should be able to get at least 10 or 11 cannons out there by the mid 80's...possibly more if you don't upgrade the Ice Cannons. Not sure if there is a real benefit to upgrading those, other than the increased range (which is why I upgraded them.)
  • Quickcannons close around the ant hole and two fully upgraded icetowers behind the Quickcannons. Lots of damage and speed. Unfortunately i only reached lvl 88 with that strategy, since the shots tend to hit the wrong ant. The little bastard cover each other all the time.
  • edited October 2007
    i got to lvl 87 using this strategy,

bughole
    2 ice towers (t1)
    4 missile towers (t1-2)

Cake
    2 ice towers (t1)
    3 missile towers (t1-2)

remember to kill ants with low healt before they reach the cake so they dont get healed and you wated time and ammo on nothing when you hit lvl 80 an ant got close to 4k hp and get healed for around 50-75% and a missile only does 70-120 with the explosion damage so thats alot of missiles wasted if and ant goes from 15% hp to 75%

i start by placing the 6 cannons near the hole in the beginning and upgrade them (damage -> damage) so they bacily nukes all the ants up to lvl 28 before they can get out then i buy 2 towers that i setup for ice towers (damage -> quick -> frost tower) near the cake then you can chose to buy a missile tower at the hole or buying and upgrading a missile tower at the cake then i switch in between buying new towers at the cake and upgrading the missile/ice towers

when you hit lvl 80 an ant can easly run straight from the whole and to the cake and back again if it goes in a straight line and you wont be able to do a thing about it because it packs so much hp

- pros
    missiles got aoe damage
    missiles track ants so they always hit somthing "unless the target is dead"

- cons
    they only fire every 0.5sec
    missiles often hit the wrong ant
  • the barriers are very useful, but at high level, they don't kill ant automatically and missiles are slows and they shoot anywhere
  • My strategy always changes...sometimes I put everything around the hole, sometimes I put half my weapons around the hole and have the weapons around the cake. My highest level is 87, using quick fire cannons, poison, ice and missile launchers. My friend uses ice, poison and quick fire cannons exclusively.

One addition I would really like to see for the game is a legend at the start of the game, or a button outlining all the weapons and upgrade paths. I don't experiment as much as I would like because it takes time. If there was another button, with all weapons (with their information posted) I can look at what I want to try and how to get to that weapon. This should be something easy to add, as the information is already available.

AntBuster is a great game...I've spent too many hours playing. Excellent work Marcel!
  • My strategy always changes...sometimes I put everything around the hole, sometimes I put half my weapons around the hole and have the weapons around the cake. My highest level is 87, using quick fire cannons, poison, ice and missile launchers. My friend uses ice, poison and quick fire cannons exclusively.

One addition I would really like to see for the game is a legend at the start of the game, or a button outlining all the weapons and upgrade paths. I don't experiment as much as I would like because it takes time. If there was another button, with all weapons (with their information posted) I can look at what I want to try and how to get to that weapon. This should be something easy to add, as the information is already available.

AntBuster is a great game...I've spent too many hours playing. Excellent work Marcel!
  • My strategy is ice and missiles got to Lvl 90 but its about luck on which way the ants go to, they could just run straight and you got no chance.

A legend is a brillant idea ! on upgrades
  • i think ice cannons and rockets are the best option, but it depends on where you place them, i cant get over level 90.
  • I have experimented many different strategies and my favorite now is simply ice+quick IV. I have used this several times and I could get to level 99 quiet consistently. I put all my quick cannons around the hole and two fully upgraded ice behind the quick cannons. One thing I specifically do is that when the level gets higher, I don't try to kill the ants when it's blood is low. If you do, you will have to face a almost 10k ant racing to the hole. With 9 to 10 quick cannons, it is quiet easy to handle a 8k ant. This is a fun game though. Thanks.
  • I simply put 4 cannons at the hill, and upped them to IV's the added two more and did the same... got to lvl 87 with that alone.. All my other strategies have failed to get past lvl 70.
  • Oh, I just read about the legend part... I created mine of the names... but not their powers... But also if you build many of one cannon all of that type gets stronger... that's why i like to mass quickcannons
  • I just use electric and missile towers. But it seems as though that gets me to level 68. I've been experimenting with ice, missile and electric towers.
    I put two electric towers and a missile by the nest, and repeat the same pattern but try to spread it out.
  • I like double heavy canons near the hill to shoot loads, I put fully upgraded long ranges at the sides so they shoot the side and middle and lastly i put a few Quick cannons infront of the cake that are fully upgraded. This got me too level 72. My highest level
  • I do completely different, I place loads of Triple Cannons (Highest level) Around the Anthill And two Quick cannons near the cake (Fully upgraded) And this got me to level 83 my highest level. By the way does anyone use the sonic pulse weapon? I've never used it and want to know what it does
  • I find the sonic pulse rather ineffective. Low damage for a higher cost, and no boosts either for building more.
  • right i'll make sure no to use it
  • ...And no one mentions the long range cannons. Try stuffing 2 ice towers as close to the hole as possible, I used the second box in from the wall/cieling so the ants could squeeze by along the cieling and the left wall, 3 ice towers around the cake, and eventually 7 fully upgraded long range rifels spread evenly around the middle of the map. 6 of them were in a 3x2 pattern about 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 the way accrost the map, and 1/3 and 2/3's the way vertically (lots of spaceing between them). The long range guns increase speed and range greatl with more cannons, b the time I planted the 7th one (in the middle of the map), it could dam near shoot both the cieling and the floor. Keeping the guns widely spread out limited the complete blocking ability of the ants so most the guns would still (usually) hit the target, and the ice twers on both ends of the map kept the ants moving very slow almost all the time. level 92 first time I tried this idea, with some slight tweeking, it might make level 95. (yes, missles and ice are still more efficient, but they also lag you alot more than this does). Only the middle ice tower around the cake was upgraded. and you had at least 3 cannons in range of an ant at all times, no matter where they were.
  • Wow. Alot to read but im glad you've shared. I'll try that out soon as to hopefull get past lvl 100
  • I got to lvl 91 using 6 quick cannon and 2 ice tower at the bug hole and 2 quick cannon at the cake. All fully upgraded.
  • Dominion, the reason long range towers aren't mentioned is because they ... aren't so good.
    Also, you should use a picture 'cause the towers your talking about could be any where near the bug hole or cake, or be more descriptive. you can not do it if you don't want us to use what you did though.
    I get the 2 rockets and ice out, and then buy more missiles as close to the hole as possible until the price for a new tower is above the cost to upgrade to level 2 (when it gets to $1700 some), then upgrade the missiles , then ice to level two. If I make it past here, I continue buying and fully upgrading missile towers.
  • edited December 2007
    im not that high a lvler. but i'll post,
    At the hole>>> Triple cannons, missles, quicks, ice, poison.
    cake>>> my new stratgy doesn't support cake. I get higher lvls so im happy with it
    Center>>> nah none of this either
  • yourWinter nonetheless beloved pworknersmsupportshas gown. . informal wedding dress affordable evening dress . There can nonetheless Winter Formal Dressesbe couple of events or sociing occasions wHow To Dress To get a Formal Occasion summe dress . ?right here tea length dresses can t neverthHow To Donate Formal Dresses?eless be worn nevertheless when the dress is crlengthehdeingd from a heaudiovideoi formnext toer fabalWinteroneyric like snext toin or velvet then it ought to nonetheless be reserved for winter eventsWinter Formal Dresses only. bride gown . cheap homecoming dressesIn the event you are available in the marketplace for buying this kind of gown there can nonetheless be lots of Lengthonline shops just abaloneyouDressestowtanceories and depworkment shops thnext to carry a tryod deing of colors and pHow To Dress To get a Formal Occasion?subsequent toterns in this style of dress plus size wedding dress . For

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file